Grants Awarded for
The Arts Council of Tuscaloosa recently awarded $5,000 in financial assistance through its Small Grants Program with local non-profit organizations and educators among the list of those awarded. A local teacher has also been recommended to receive a grant from the Arts in Education fund through the Community Foundation of West Alabama.
The Small Grants Program was established in 1986 to aid Tuscaloosa County non-profit organizations, educators and artists in their pursuit of projects contributing to the greater good of local students and citizens through the arts.
A committee comprised of members of The Arts Council’s Board of Directors was in charge of the selection process for both grant programs.
- Druid City Ballet (“Druid City Ballet presents Excerpts from The Nutcracker”)
- Tuscaloosa Children’s Theatre (“Theatre Accessibility Project”)
- Tuscaloosa Symphony Orchestra (“Give Me Space: TSO x TCS Collaboration”)
- West Alabama Multicultural Alliance (“WAMA Fest”)
- George Berry
Arts in Education:
- Northport Intermediate School/Amy Wyatt (“Art Display Boards”)
For information, guidelines and applications for The Arts Council’s Small Grants program for Tuscaloosa County artists and organizations, click here.