Updated Deadline to apply for 2022-2023 is
Friday, October 7, 2022
Teachers employed by K12 schools within Tuscaloosa County are eligible to apply for funding for art related projects through the Arts in Education Grant. Grant applications are made through the Arts and Humanities Council of Tuscaloosa County with funding distributed by the Community Foundation of West Alabama. The deadline for submitting grant applications is October 1 annually for grant activities which are to be completed by May 15, 2023. If October 1 falls on a weekend, the deadline shifts to Monday or the following business day. The Arts Council’s Grant Review Committee will meet in March and forward their recommendations to the Community Foundation of West Alabama.
Questions about grant submissions should be directed to Shannon McCue, Education Director, at email@example.com or 205-345-9801.
SUBMITTING YOUR GRANT APPLICATION AND FINAL REPORT
Completed grant applications and final reports may be mailed to:
Shannon McCue, Education Director, Arts and Humanities Council of Tuscaloosa County
P. O. Box 1117
Tuscaloosa, AL 35403
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or physically delivered to:
Shannon McCue, Education Director
PARA Bldg., Arts Council 2nd Floor
614 Greensboro, Ave., Tuscaloosa
Arts in Education grants are awarded to City, County and Private schools located within Tuscaloosa County to provide limited support for projects such as small or pilot art activities, special projects of high artistic quality, exhibits, artist residencies and theatrical, musical or dance productions or an arts component of a larger project, etc.
The maximum grant available to a school is $1000. Grant applicants are not limited to art teachers; any teacher may apply.
A 1:1 Match is required to which no more than 25% of the total costs may be met by in-kind contributions. Matching grants will not exceed $1000. In general, half the grant funds will be paid up front with the balance paid after the project has been completed and the final evaluation report received and approved.
A final report should be submitted to The Arts Council within thirty days of completing the project and or by May 15, 2023. The final report should include an evaluation of the project with financial documentation, receipts, photographs, etc.
How to complete the Grant Application forms:
- Open link to view application form, located above this text. Select File-Save As, and save the PDF to your computer. In order to view and complete the form properly, you must have the latest version of Adobe Reader on your computer from Adobe.com.
- Read all guidelines and include required signatures before completing the form and submitting to The Arts Council.
- The application form is designed to complete using your computer.
- Fill out the form by clicking in the first highlighted field after “Date.” After you complete each field, push Tab on your keyboard to move to the next, or use your mouse to click in each field.
- Be sure to select File – Save periodically to save your work for future editing. If you wish to edit your form, be sure to select the version saved to your hard drive, not the original form on The Arts Council site.
Upon final editing and completion, print out the form.
Bring the completed application to The Arts Council offices before Friday, October 7, 2022 at 4 p.m. or email to email@example.com. You can also mail the form to:
The Arts Council
P.O. Box 1117,
Tuscaloosa, AL, 35403